Calendula cream has proven skin care benefits for people with sensitive skin and for those who suffer from allergies. In fact, calendula has been used as an herbal remedy for centuries. Yet despite its many benefits, many people are not aware of calendula, especially in the United States, and how it helps soothe and calm irritated, red, inflamed skin. If you're among the masses of people who don't know about the skin care benefits of calendula, read on for a list of the top six.
1. Anti-inflammatory properties: Calendula provides soothing properties that help counteract inflammation and skin dermatitis that can be a side effect of radiation therapy and medical treatments, acne, rosacea, ezcema and allergies.
2. Antibacterial properties: That means it can help ensure skin doesn't become infected - especially sore, irritated skin that's more likely to become abraded or ulcerated.
3. Powerful antioxidants: Calendula contains high levels of lutein and beta-carotene, antioxidants that help prevent damage at the cellular level for deep-down health and healing of sore, irritated and damaged skin.
4. Safe for sensitive skin: For teens and kids with sensitive skin, Calendula cream has been shown in studies to be an effective treatment for reducing redness associated with teenage acne and when applied as an ointment to prevent diaper rash in infants. It's also great to use after shaving to soothe skin and prevent razor burn and bumps and as a mild after bath moisturizer.
5. Helps skin retain natural moisture: My Girls™ Calendula cream products are formulated to help skin retain moisture and maintain skin's healthy balance to avoid dryness and help keep skin soft and supple.
6. Helps heal wounds: Several studies have shown the benefits of calendula cream in helping to heal wounds, as well as helping to soothe the effects of radiation dermatitis, a painful skin condition that affects people undergoing radiation therapy.
Find the calendula cream product that's just right for your needs.
Everyone's skin is different, and so are skin care preferences. That's why at My Girls™ Skin Care, we are developing a wide array of calendula-based creams to help men and women find the product that's most useful for their needs. Every product we carry is 100 percent free of parabens, artificial dyes and artificial fragrances. If you have questions or suggestions about any of our products, don't hesitate to contact us. We love to hear from you!